XVL Player™ for Windows®
Interrogate 3D Models for Free
XVL Player enables users to rapidly and easily visualize 3D in the very lightweight XVL format. XVL Player enables anyone to view, rotate, measure, and cross-section 3D XVL data. If animations are embedded in the file, XVL Player delivers full controls to view that data, plus assembly tree information. XVL Player allows users with lower specification PCs to quickly see complex 3D data and information without needing expensive hardware, software or lengthy training.
XVL Player is available as a free download, click the button to the left.
Key Benefits of the FREE XVL Player for Viewing and Interrogating 3D CAD Models
- Free viewer – Build productivity by allowing all users within your supply chain to quickly and easily use your 3D data assets regardless of location. Users can quickly and easily view and distribute XVL documents using the free XVL Player.
- Comprehensive and easy-to-use – XVL Player’s intuitive user interface can be learned within minutes, allowing users to rapidly zoom, pan, rotate, interact with the 3D, play 3D XVL animations, perform interactive cross-sections, and support hot links and triggers.
- No need for high-end hardware – XVL Player only requires a Windows operating system and Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox to be able to function. Combined with the very lightweight 3D XVL data, this means that users with lower specification hardware platforms can easily and rapidly view the data required to do their jobs.
- Build productivity in a distributed supply chain – Customers have found concrete benefits for XVL Player across a distributed supply chain: Being able to view 3D XVL data freely and quickly reduces language barriers, builds accuracy in production, and eradicates errors in assembly. The small footprint of the XVL data means that it is far easier to send data across a network.
- Handle large data sets – View very large 3D data assemblies on even the lowest specification PC and still have control of the display modes for even faster display of the data. XVL Player is designed to use very small amounts of memory and utilize the graphics display to their best advantage, leveraging the industry’s lightest 3D format.
- Security – XVL Player works alongside the XVL Signer software to build superior password-protected security on XVL files.
XVL Player Pro is the professional version of XVL Player, and delivers more advanced 3D CAD file viewing and evaluation tools, plus the ability to save your changes to XVL data. Learn more
|Full Camera Control
Viewing operations include: Pan, 3D Rotate, 2D Rotate, Zoom, Zoom Area, Fit to Window, Parallel, and Perspective Views, Undo View Change, and Reset View.
Display of color contours for data representations.
|Display of Animations
XVL animations can be rapidly viewed and easily understood in XVL Player. This enhances very rapid comprehension of assembly and maintenance instructions, process animations and more, inside this intuitive, free viewer.
|Real-Time Cross Section Display
Interactively move cutting planes through the scene while computing the model cross-sections. Display the results in real-time, still images and manipulate the cross-sectioned model.
|Several Rendering Styles
Hidden Line, Wireframe, Shaded, and Textured.
|Selectable Element Displays
Geometry (faces, edges, vertices), Comments and Annotations, and Dimensions.
|Multiple Drag Modes
Wireframe, Rough, and Normal.
|Surface Processing Controls
Surface processing parameters include: Tessellation Algorithm, Number of Subdivisions, and Surface Tolerance.
Plays all 3D animations defined in XVL files while supporting hot links and triggers.
XVL Player works with XVL Signer to ensure secure delivery of 3D data. Only users with valid passwords can view signed XVL files.
|Graphics Acceleration Support
OpenGL hardware acceleration is supported.
Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox
|Microsoft Office Support
XVL Player is an ActiveX control and can be embedded in Microsoft Office documents.
XVL® (eXtensible Virtual world description Language), an XML-based, neutral format used for compression, conversion, and integration of 3D data.
Hardware: IBM PC or compatible machine
OS: Windows 2000 SP3 or later, Windows XP SP1 or higher, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 7 x64
CPU: Pentium II 300MHz or more Intel or AMD CPU (1GHz or more Intel or AMD CPU is recommended)
Memory: 256MB or higher – (1GB recommended for handling large amounts of data)
HDD: 100MB or more free space
Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0 and Mozilla Firefox 8.0 or later.