Digital Mock Up
Lattice Technology sets the standard in Digital Mock Up (DMU) software. Companies choose Lattice Technology solutions to rapidly check, prototype, simulate and document 3D product designs for viability, manufacturability and maintenance long before physical prototypes are created.
Our advanced DMU tools for manufacturing engineers allow you to build products quicker and better than the competition, at reduced cost and with greatly reduced barriers to successful production, procurement and assembly.
DMU Solutions from Lattice Technology offer affordable but advanced functions such as automated interference and clearance checking of complex assemblies and display of results in a spreadsheet format, advanced process design, simulation and animation of parts and assemblies, and digital and print-ready documentation for immediate use on the shop floor.
Automated update of created data is easy with both client-side automated updates and updates coordinated within a PLM/ERP or other infrastructure system.
“As a result of XVL Studio Pro,
the man-time for interference checking was
reduced by two thirds.” — Toyota
Digital Mockup (DMU) is described in Wikipedia as allowing “engineers to design and configure complex products and validate their designs without ever needing to build a physical model.”
While 3D CAD vendors strive hard to deliver the tools needed for the vision of DMU, they remain hampered by the functional limitations of their 3D CAD systems, and restrained by the sheer size of the 3D files created. The size of the data means that communicating, testing, simulating and sharing the data becomes difficult and at times impossible, requiring more expensive hardware, more robust networks and more time spent waiting for data to be disseminated. XVL applications resolve these issues.
XVL applications from Lattice Technology address these issues by delivering specific functionality for:
- Mathematically accurate static interference, clearance and contact checks of your 3D data
- Annotation, measuring and dimensioning
- Accurate dynamic interference and clearance checks for simulations and animations in 3D
- Dynamic cross-sectioning and geometry checks
- Kinematics checks, motion checks and simulation of movement
- Manufacturability and maintainability checks in process design
- All these checks, simulation and animation are created using the industry’s most lightweight and most accurate 3D format that can be easily shared and used
Key Features & Benefits
- Rapid, accurate design review of 3D product design data with automated reporting in Excel: Have confidence in the viability of the design data by quickly identifying all issues (interference, clearance, contact) in a 3D assembly and immediately create Excel reports with part lists, values, issue found, 3D and cross-section images. This allows design engineers to resolve issues quickly, prior to releasing data to downstream processes.
- Comprehensive motion testing and simulation of product designs including dynamic interference check: Fully verify motion between parts through simulation of parts within an assembly, with dynamic interference, clearance and contacts, with the added feature of dynamic cross-sectioning.
- Simplified design of complex processes direct from 3D data using easy, unique drag-and-drop tools for fast, efficient design. Build confidence across the assembly teams by having easy and immediate creation of documents for use downstream, in standard formats.
- Use comprehensive path authoring tools to edit processes: Manage clearance and interference issues that arise as processes are created, and edit parts paths to allow for unique challenges within an assembly process.
- Rapid, accurate simulation of assembly steps and processes, including dynamic interference check and human simulation, to be able to verify assembly prior to manufacture, or steps for maintenance and service. Quickly create documentation for downstream shop floor and maintenance teams.
- Creation of precise assembly/work instructions direct from 3D data in standard formats (Excel, PDF, HTML, XVL) which delivers visual instruction documents long before production begins for training and vastly improved communication across dispersed organizations
- Automated update of created information and data when designs change means that organizations always have current instructions on hand without having to wait weeks or months.
- Test and save entire assemblies using the industry-leading XVL 3D compression format without needing very-high-end hardware or additional CAD seats and resources.
- Highly affordable solutions, that enable multi-CAD environments, support ERP/PLM and PDM systems, and are easy to implement and learn.