- Is there any plan for Lattice to develop Word or PowerPoint versions of Lattice3D Reporter?
Currently no. However, we may be able to support Word or PowerPoint in the future.
- Do I need to install Lattice3D Reporter to view 3D data on an Excel file?
Yes. In order to see XVL data in an Excel spreadsheet, you need to install Lattice3D Reporter. Without Lattice3D Reporter, you will just see a 2D image in place of the 3D XVL view. Please note that you do not need a Lattice3D Reporter license to view the data in 3D.
- When does Lattice3D Reporter check out a license?
Lattice3D Reporter checks out a license when it accesses charged functions. Examples of charged functions include embedding a new 3D model, creating a new list and saving changes. The license is released when you exit the Excel application.
- How many XVL files can I embed in an Excel file?
There is no limit to the number of XVL files that can be embedded inside an Excel file. However, you can only embed one XVL file per Worksheet.
- What is the resolution of a snapshot? Can we change the resolution?
The resolution of a snapshot is 300 dpi. Currently, you cannot change the resolution.
- What happens if I open an Excel file with XVL data on a computer that doesn’t have Lattice3D Reporter?
Without Lattice3D Reporter installed on your computer, you will see a 2D image in place of each 3D view.
- In order to see 3D data embedded inside an Excel file, can I use XVL Player?
XVL Player cannot be used to view 3D data inside an Excel file. Please install Lattice3D Reporter to view the 3D data.
- How can I change the size of the 3D view?
Please change your Excel to “Design Mode” in order to change the size of the 3D view.
- What happens if I use Excel’s web page output function or Acrobat’s PDF output function?
Unfortunately, the output web page doesn’t display 3D views and snapshot images. The output PDF will display a 2D image in place of each 3D view. However, if you use XVL Plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® 3D, you can embed 3D views inside the output PDF file.
- Is there an automatic update function in Lattice3D Reporter?
Yes, you can simply replace the existing 3D model by executing “Insert/Replace 3D Model”.