- XVL Converter doesn’t work even though I installed license files in c:\Program files\Lattice\License. Why?
The XVL Converter license files should be placed in C:\Lattice\License. To quickly open this folder, select Start Menu > XVL Converter Plug-in > License Folder. Drop your license files into that folder to enable XVL Converter. Please note that the XVL Converter Plug-in license files are named “xvltrans*.ltl” and the XVL Converter Server licenses are named “xvlconv*.ltl”.
- Can we use other platforms than Windows?
No. The XVL Converters need to be installed on a Windows platform.
- Is there any limit of the number of schedules allowed in XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager?
There is no limit. You can register as many conversion schedules as you want.
- With XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager, can we specify a folder so that any CAD files in that folders will be converted? When we add a new CAD file to the folder, can XVL Converter automatically convert it?
Yes. In XC Scheduler, select a target folder and set the conversion parameter to “Specified Directory” or “Specified Directory Recursively” if you need to include subfolders. In order to automatically convert newly added CAD files, set the Conversion Timing value to “Updated”.
- Can we add a new conversion schedule without using XC Scheduler?
Yes, you can use a command line application, xvlsreg.exe, to schedule a conversion. For more information on xvlsreg.exe, please refer to “XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager Reference Manual” (xcerefer1.pdf).
- Where can we find manuals for XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager?
You can find the manuals inside the unpackaged folder of XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager. When you execute the XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager installation package, XVL_ConvSchedulerManager-*.exe, you will find manuals and installers in the extracted folder.
- Can we integrate XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager into other systems or applications?
Yes, you can integrate XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager into other systems so that, for example, you can see converted XVL files in a web application or save conversion information inside your database. For more information, please contact a Lattice representative.
- Can we start XC Manager and XC Server automatically when Windows starts up?
Yes, by placing shortcut icons inside the Startup folder of a login user that can automatically login Windows, you can automatically start XC Manager and XC Server processes. You will need to specify the “-Start” option in the Target field of the shortcut icon. For more details, please refer to section “5.1.5 Startup Options” of “XVL Converter Scheduler and Manager Reference Manual” (xcerefer1.pdf).
- How can I disable conversions for previously failed schedules when I restart XC Manager?
To disable failed conversions on restart of XC Manager, edit the ConvMan.ini file and set “skip_failed_schedule=true”. ConvMan.ini can be found in C:\Lattice\Converter\Manager by default.
- I can’t convert a CAD file. When I look at the log file, it says “Exit Code = 2″.
- A license file is missing.
- You are connecting your computer to another computer via Remote Desktop.
Make sure that the license file is in the correct folder. The easiest way is to select from Start > All Programs > XVL Converter > XVL Converter License Folder and open the license folder.
Please also note that you cannot execute an XVL product via Remote Desktop. Make sure that you login directly to the computer that is performing the conversion.