Lattice Technology Releases XVL Studio Ver.11.0a
Improves Usability Enhancing 3D Digital Mockup, Technical Illustrations, Process Planning and Work Instructions
San Francisco, CA, June 13th, 2012—Lattice Technology® Inc., the standard for technical communication and digital mock up software in the manufacturing industry, today released XVL Studio Ver. 11.0a, an upgrade to the industry-leading software for creating 3D manufacturing, service and maintenance data for use downstream.
XVL Studio is available in Basic, Standard and Pro editions and provides a complete range of functionality for digital mock-up, process planning and the creation of 3D and 2D technical documentation. Using the industry leading XVL format, XVL Studio enables users to work with even the largest and most complex assemblies to create the documentation and data needed for all of their downstream needs.
XVL Studio 11.0a brings new features and enhancements designed to improve usability and simplify work flows such as: 64-bit native support, multiple search conditions, graphic accelerator auto detect, improved part activation control, and much more.
New & Improved Features
- Measurement Units – Switch between metric and inch results display.
- Checked Values – Display results values in 3D display as well as report panel.
- Profile View – Dynamic cross section profiles with easier measurement and simple drawing tools.
- Equipment & Tools – Copying of tools and equipment to enable easier planning and analysis.
- Output – Easy to use custom pre-sets for Illustration output, support for Firefox SVG viewer.
- Quality – Improved illustration quality with line extraction by part, shaded parts included in hidden line display and illustration export and improved edge extraction.
- Standards – Support for multiple CGM profiles including S1000D and ATA.
- Export – Export gray scale images.
- Manufacture Tree – New versatility for process planning and work instruction authoring enabling easier mBom creation, easy import and export of mBOm’s and easier creation of process steps from the mBom.
- Export – Parts involved in individual process steps can be exported as single XVL file.
- Mark-Up & Annotation – Improved mark-up and annotation of process step views, enabling easier sharing of mark-ups and comments.
Work Instruction Authoring and Publishing
- Exploded Views – Create exploded views with all parts involved in a process. Export views including trace lines, callouts for process steps with all required parts.
- Alerts – Automatically add call-outs to parts and alerts to each step – part names, warnings etc.
- Animation – View animation from exploded view. Enhanced trace line display for process animation and process step display and improved control of sub-assemblies in process animations.
Click here to watch the XVL Studio 11.0a New Features Overview video.
The features will also be available in the XVL Technical Illustration and Technical Collaboration Suites.
At the same time Lattice Technology also released new versions of XVL Player (German), XVL BOM Assembler and XVL License Manager. All updates are available free of charge to maintenance customers.
XVL Studio 11.0a is available immediately and can be tried out for free at www.lattice3d.com, after a short registration.
About Lattice Technology, Inc.
Lattice Technology provides XVL-based software solutions – Converting, Authoring and Publishing. Our solutions enable users in functions downstream of product development to use 3D CAD data for their specific needs. XVL, which is CAD agnostic, was designed to be used outside of product development. Using XVL solutions, engineers and non-engineers alike can repurpose and leverage 3D CAD model information for functions ranging from manufacturing to service.
XVL benefits companies that produce products with high part counts, complex geometry, detailed manufacturing processes or have ongoing lifecycle support requirements such as documentation, maintenance, and training. Target industries range from those developing large products such as airplanes and automobiles to small, complex machinery and medical devices.
Founded in 1997, Lattice Technology, Inc. has offices in Tokyo, Japan, and Denver, CO, USA. Lattice Technology® is a registered trademark of Lattice Technology, Inc.
All other brand or product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, visit www.lattice3d.com.
Smart2Market, Inc. on behalf of Lattice Technology, Inc.