Digital Assembly Planning Webinar for Quality and Productivity [Featuring Toyota]
The Toyota Motor Company (TMC) produces 10.2 million vehicles a year worldwide. In the late 1990’s, TMC recognized the strategic need to radically improve their assembly planning capabilities in order to increase vehicle production capacity while maintaining/exceeding their quality goals.
Digital Manufacturing Planning
The ability to perform detailed and realistic manufacturing assembly planning while vehicles were still in design was identified as foundational to this strategic initiative.
Three key success factors were identified:
- The ability to work with an entire vehicle assembly at one time representing gigabytes of CAD data while maintaining accuracy accessible from modestly configured computers and even tablet
- “Smart linkages” to the original CAD model data in order to facilitate concurrent work
- Repurposing of the 3D model data to the various functions in the company for purposes such as: manufacturing planning, documentation, and service planning
In 1999, Toyota selected solutions from Lattice Technology for this strategic initiative. In the same year, Toyota made the decision to become our majority shareholder and this is continued to today.
Today TMC uses solutions from Lattice Technology for comprehensive digital planning of their manufacturing and document creation (including owner manuals and dealer service instructions). Quality First is more than a slogan at TMC, it is a spirt that permeates the company and Lattice3D solutions helps TMC to realize this by enabling continuous process improvement.
Join Our Webinar
Join this webinar to learn how TMC uses Lattice Technology solutions for manufacturing planning, such as:
- Working with the complete vehicle CAD assembly, designed with CATIA
- Planning of all jigs and tooling that are required
- Verification of proper assembly order and steps
- Modeling of human interaction for feasibility including visibility, sufficient work area, and worker safety (even including posture)
- Creation of a manufacturing BOM directly from the engineering assembly that includes variations
Click here to register.