iXVL Player with Work Instructions QuickStart
Installing and streaming a model to your Apple® iOS device
- Install iXVL Player on your iOS device from Apple Inc.’s App Store™ (search for iXVL Player).
- Open http://www.lattice3d.com/wi-samples/ in Safari on your iOS device.
- Select one of the models above (for the “tour” below, select the Snowmobile).
- A list of Processes will be displayed that make up the Work Instruction.
- After selecting a Process, the status bar will show the download status–the models and corresponding Work Instructions are being streamed (for the “tour” below, select No. 2 Body Panels Assembly).
- Three windows will appear, each are described below:
- 3D Interactive Window
- Parts Window
- Tasks Window.
The lower two windows are for Work Instructions theInteractive Window is common for viewing all models in iXVL Player (e.g. including those models without Work Instructions).
- Parts window. Displays the Parts for the Process selected.
- Process button. Displays the Process Selection screen . The windows to the right display the current Process Number and the name of that Process. The controls below advance and reverse through the Tasks (which comprise the Process) and allows the selection of whether the Parts for the Task be shown in their Start or End position.
- Center button. Returns the geometry being displayed in the3D Interactive Window to the center.
- Part Display button. Toggles the display of the selected part on and off. Part must be selected first. Note: The Part could be hidden behind another part of the assembly.
- Notes button. Displays meta data of the selected Part.
- Part Name. Name of the selected Part.
- Tasks window. Lists the Tasks that comprise the selectedProcess. These Tasks can be advanced or reversed with the controls described in #2.
- Assembly Tree button. Displays the hierarchical assembly tree, which can be expanded and collapsed.
- Snapshots button. Displays the 3D interactive Snapshotswhich have been stored with the model. It is very helpful to begin the examination of the model by using these view.
Select a Process
Work Instructions are comprised of multiple Processes.
Select Process No. 2 Body Panels Assembly for the Snowmobile (if you have already selected this process, you will not need to return to this step).
Select the Snapshot icon (touch the Snapshot icon again to turn off that display)
- Select the Full_Assy, see the entire snowmobile displayed, use the multi-touch to move it around.
- Select Start, see the front runner assembly (Note: If you get lost during this tour, return to this step and then proceed).
- To make this menu disappear, just touch anywhere outside the menu.
- Select from the Task window, Belly Pan 1A.
Select from the Task window (1) Belly Pan 1A
- (2) Toggle the part on and off
- (3) Open the Assembly Tree, scroll down and you will seeBelly Pan 1A highlighted. Parts can be selected either from the Part window or Assembly Tree.
Select the 2nd Task (1): Steering Unit. Notice the part that it highlighted in the parts menu
- (2) Task Control: Advance the task
- (3) Part Position: Toggle between Start and End
- (2) Task Control: Advance to move to the next task. Notice the task advances to “Chassis Weldment and two new parts are highlighted in part menu. Select part #11: Rear Suspension, then toggle it OFF and ON. Reposition the 3D model in order to get a better view.
Finding a Part
Lets say you need to find out where a part is used in the Assembly Tree, for example the front right ski.
- Return to the full snapshot view (1/2) and touch the (3) ski in the 3D window – it should how have a box drawn around it.
- Open the (1) assembly, you should see the compressed assembly, by pressing the arrow and it opens the sub-assemblies, Assy Front Suspension should be highlighted.
- Scroll down until you see Spindle-Ski, and touch it and you will see the part. Selecting the part, you will see the (2) box turn on and off around the ski in the 3D display.