CAD Agnostic — Convert Any CAD Format to XVL
This file will be approximately 1/100th the file size of the original CAD files, yet it will retain CAD-level accuracy.
This page outlines some details about XVL.
If you would like to learn more, we are glad to offer this whitepaper.
Ultra-lightweight 3D Models
XVL Converters are industry-leading converters that quickly and accurately translate all major CAD and 3D data formats into XVL, able to compress 3D data up to 0.5% of its original size with very high accuracy.
Convert from Any CAD
XVL Converters access CAD models through the respective CAD system and achieve breakthrough ultra-compression by expressing the model as highly compressed 3D surfaces that maintain both high accuracy and the visual integrity of the original data. All converters can perform post-processing commands after conversions.
Direct CAD file input into the Lattice Technology Solutions is also available using XVL Studio with Multi-CAD Import option.
XVL Converter Plug-ins & XVL Converter Servers
- XVL Converter Plug-ins are plug-ins for CAD systems and other applications to enable the user to export XVL files directly from within the application.
- XVL Converter Servers are stand-alone applications that initiate XVL conversions from a command-line, by external application or by user interface.
Click to download the Converter Table PDF
The above table shows the most recent format and version support for 3D CAD data. Older versions are supported but not listed.
Key Benefits of XVL CAD Converters
- Automation and Reliability - proven, extremely dependable, large-scale, flexible, enterprise-class and industrial-strength automated file conversion.
- Enhance collaboration with enterprise-wide access to ultra-compressed 3D CAD while preserving the accuracy and visual integrity of the 3D model.
- Solve the multi-CAD problem by converting and then combining your data from multiple CAD formats into a single, compressed, efficient format: XVL.
- Improve productivity in your business processes by enabling 3D CAD asset re-use, eliminating the need for data recreation and the potential for errors or repetition in downstream applications.
- Ultra-compression - the best available compression for the lightest no-loss 3D files with high fidelity graphics.
Ultra-compression of 3D models
|Enables increased innovation, collaboration, and communication across the enterprise.|
Large-scale Data Handling
|Handle relatively simple to extremely complex models with the same technology.|
Advanced Conversion Parameters
|Protect your data ... by deliberately reducing the accuracy of the model, it can be used for process animations but not for manufacturing. This simplification enables the publication of basic 3D data without revealing sensitive or proprietary information.|
Detailed Conversion Logging
|Provides an audit trail for thorough tracking of data sources.|
Automated Conversion Initiation
|Enables more productive conversion processes and automated updating of downstream publishing.|
Seamless Workflow Integration
|Converter Servers conveniently integrate into Product Data Management and Lifecycle Management (PDM/PLM).|
Bi-directional 3ds Max Conversion
|Bi-directional data exchange includes geometry and animations.|
CAD Agnostic Converters - Available for the Following 3D Formats and CAD Systems
Last updated: July 7, 2022
3ds Max Design
CATIA V4 - CATIA V5
Creo Elements / Direct Modeling
DXF / DWG
WRL / VRML2
Want More Information?