Support - iXVL for Apple iOS
Click here for product detail.
1) What is the difference between iXVL Publisher Express and iXVL Publisher?
iXVL Publisher Express is a Windows application enables you to publish XVL files and interactive HTML documents. iXVL Publisher includes all of the features of iXVL Publisher Express, but also enables you to publish files and documents in batch processes and use the iXVL Player SDK to make custom templates.
2) What size XVL file can be read in iXVL View/iXVL Player?
iXVL View/iXVL Player can open XVL files that are up to about 15MB in size, representing 1GB or more of CAD data. Actual performance may vary depending on the features of the model.
3) I copied the XVL file to iXVL View/iXVL Player using iTunes, but it does not appear in the file list.
XVL files can have several extensions: .xv3, .xv2 and .xv0. iXVL View/iXVL Player can only display .xv2 files. If you have an XVL file with another extension, we recommend using XVL Studio to convert it to .xv2.
4) iXVL View can open the XVL file, but iXVL Player cannot open it.
iXVL Player can only open XVL files that have been published by iXVL Publisher.
5) iXVL View/iXVL Player cannot open the XVL file.
The XVL file may be too large to process. If this happens, we recommend using XVL Studio to create smaller files (e.g. sub-assemblies) from the larger file.
6) Where is the assembly tree in iXVL View?
The assembly tree is available in iXVL Player, but not in iXVL View.
7) Can I view interactive 3D work instructions on iPad?
Yes. iXVL Publisher can publish interactive 3D work instructions that you can view on iPad. The instructions include process lists, task lists, parts lists and animated 3D models. You can download sample interactive 3D models with work instructions. (NOTE: please access this page from your mobile device).
8) Can I view interactive 3D parts lists on iPad?
Yes. iXVL Publisher can publish interactive 3D parts lists that you can view on iPad. The parts lists include 3D models and vector illustrations. You can download sample interactive 3D models with linked parts lists - (NOTE: please access this page from your mobile device).
9) How can I see the paths when playing animations in iXVL Player?
To show animation paths, select Information > Settings > Animation and turn on "Show paths when playing animation".
10) Is technical support available?
Telephone support is not available for the free iXVL products. You can submit support requests via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).